Sunday, October 2, 2011

WWHM

Kristen Nieslawski
337 Blog Post


I have never been into blogs much until we started our own in the Comm. 337 class. I was searching through the internet trying to find a blog I felt was interesting and I could in a way relate to. I found one that I find absolutely hilarious and entertaining rather than informational. The blog I found is called Why Women Hate Men (WWHM). The blog has different stories or computer ads of men trying to pursue woman in the most ridiculous and non attractive ways. For example, for those of you women reading this post, have you ever had a guy use the worst pick up lines ever or talk to you like you were a piece of meat? Hello out there it is not attractive and we do not want to give you a second glance after that. Here is one of my favorite posts on WWHM.
Hello ladies, a little bit about myself. I graduated from Duke University a couple years ago. I have a great job which pays incredibly, a Lexus, and an apartment which is filling out very nicely. I've been wanting to buy a house, but there is one thing missing, my thin, beautiful trophy wife on my arm. You should be athletic (I run five miles every day, rain or shine) and your fat a** will not be sitting on the couch. You should be intelligent enough to hold a conversation in polite company, but know your place, and when it is appropriate to speak. You should know how to cook, because I am tired of ordering in, and going out every night. My mom has already said that she'd be happy to show you how to cook some of my favorite meals. You can be college educated; however, you won't be working anyhow, so I don't see how it matters, unless of course you studied home-making. Be sure to send a full body photo of yourself, clothing optional. Steven.
I find this entertaining yet offensive all at the same time! What woman in this day and age would want to live like this? If we wanted to run 5 miles a day and serve you hand and foot we would move to the Middle East to be controlled. I’ll agree with the not working thing however, I will be out spending your money on shoes! The creator of the blog has some hilarious responses to Steven’s post out there on a dating website. This is what “Weasel” the WWHM blog creator has to say.
“I'm sure we all remember that strange kid with the plastic helmet in second grade that used to spend half his day eating wasps and the other half sticking his tongue in the pencil sharpener. Tempered brilliance tends to manifest itself in a bizarre fashion with youngsters, so most of these kids actually end up as mildly successful adults just like Steven did. Mothers excessively coddle these disturbed youths however, and as a result they tend to grow into adulthood with a bloated sense of entitlement, especially in regards to women. That's unfortunate, because Steven sincerely believes he's an irresistible catch for any woman, despite the fact that just up until last year he couldn't s**t properly without wearing a blue cape that said "I'm Mommy's Favorite Super Pooper" in pink stitching.”
If you don’t find this response comical then we must be on totally different pages with Steven’s efforts in rounding up women. Throughout the blog on the side of the page there is the Wall of Shame in which have the favorites of all time men trying to use ads for picking up women. I have heard plenty of pick up lines that I feel embarrassed for the person saying them. It’s a shame that chivalry is no longer in existence today. Check out the blog if you are ever feeling down about yourself or having a bad day it is a guaranteed pick me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment